When you access the Website and when you request any product or service via the Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions also apply to all products and services provided by The Legal Drive where there are not requested via the Website (and in that case this document will be communicated in an appropriate way).
Terms and conditions
This terms and conditions document is a contract between you and The Legal Drive Limited trading as Remote Legal. As noted above, when you access the Website and when you request a product or service via the Website this contract applies.
(Where the booking is for a consultation with a barrister, additionally that barrister’s terms of engagement will be a contract between you and that person. Those terms of engagement are available when you make a booking for the consultation with that barrister.)
(Where a booking is for an attestation service, the conditions as stated in the product description are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions. Where there is any conflict with any part of these Terms and Conditions, those product-specific conditions prevail.)
The terms and conditions include the above introductory paragraphs above.
- In these Terms and Conditions of Use:
- “You” refers to any person accessing or using the Website for any reason;
- “Person” refers to an individual, company, corporation, firm, trust, partnership, organisation, state, or unincorporated body of persons, in each case whether or not having separate legal personality;
- “Website” means the website known as Remote Legal, and any domain on which it is hosted, including remotelegalnz.com and remotelegalnz.legal and includes the products and services made available via the Website.
- “We”, “Us” and “our” refers to the Legal Drive Ltd.
B. Your use of the Website
- If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use, you should immediately cease to have access to the Website.
- The Legal Drive may vary these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time by publishing them in an amended form on the Website. By accessing the Website after the publication of the Terms and Conditions of Use in this amended form you agree to be bound by those amended Terms and Conditions of Use. It is always your responsibility to make sure you are familiar with the current Terms and Conditions of Use.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for your own appraisal of the information on the Website.
- The attestation service provided is attestation of a document in accordance with the laws of New Zealand. No advice of any kind is provided by any person. The Legal Drive warrants to you that the person providing the attestation service is qualified and entitled to do so. Subject to this warranty, The Legal Drive makes no promise or representation that the Website is suitable or appropriate for any particular purpose or person.
- Where you have ordered an attestation service, The Legal Drive will endeavour to return duly attested documents to you within 24 hours. It does not make any commitment to return the documents on the same day or on any particular date or at any particular time. You must bear this in mind if there are timing considerations in a proceeding, including limitation or Court-imposed deadlines, or other deadlines under the rules of Court. If this stipulation does not meet your requirements then you must look elsewhere.
- Where you make a booking to consult a barrister, the Website acts as a booking service only, as agent for that barrister. As noted above, that consultation will be in accordance with the barrister’s terms of engagement which you agree to at the time you make the booking.
- Exclusion of liability: to the maximum extent permissible at law, The Legal Drive, including its directors, officers, affiliates, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns, and any person providing any document attestation service, does not accept any liability for any direct or indirect loss, damage, cost, charge, claim, demand, expense, judgment, action, proceeding or other liability whatsoever whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise in relation to the use, delay or inability to use, performance of, or information contained on, the Website or in connection with any product or service ordered via the Website.
- Indemnity: by accessing the Website, and when you order products or services via the Website, you agree to indemnify and hold The Legal Drive harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of the Website.
- You expressly agree that the above exclusion of liability and indemnity apply for the benefit of Stephen Alastair Keall (the principal and director of the Legal Drive) pursuant to Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, Part 2, Subpart 1 (previously known as the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982)).
- The copyright to all content on the Website including applets, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to The Legal Drive.
- All trademarks, brands and logos generally identified either with the symbols TM or ® which are used on the Website are either owned by The Legal Drive or The Legal Drive has a licence to use them. Your access to the Website does not constitute a licence to you to use those marks in any way without The Legal Drive’s prior written permission.
- From time to time we may host third party content on the Website such as advertisements and endorsements belonging to other businesses. Responsibility for the content of such material rests with the owners of that material and The Legal Drive is not responsible for any errors or omissions in such material.
- When you access or visit the Website, The Legal Drive grants you a limited licence to access and use the information on the Website for your own use.
- The licence to access and use the information on the Website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror the Website without our prior written permission. The Legal Drive may serve you with notice if it becomes aware of your metatag or mirroring of the Website.
- The Website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only. The Legal Drive takes no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy-compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on the Website to another Website does not imply The Legal Drive’s endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- The Legal Drive shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however The Legal Drive is not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of the Website or any linked website.
- Payment is facilitated by Stripe, a well -known and established internet “payment gateway” service. It facilitates the credit card transaction between You and The Legal Drive. The Legal Drive does not obtain your credit card details. Stripe provides to the Legal Drive identifying details provided by the paying person–usually the name and address supplied by them. These records remain on a WordPress/ WooCommerce server to which The Legal Drive has access. However, it makes no use of this information. Upon written request The Legal Drive will use its best endeavours to expunge this information, noting that aspects of this are outside of its control.
- If any provision in these Terms and Conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary, the invalid provision will be deleted from these Terms and Conditions of Use and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these Terms and Conditions will be heard in New Zealand. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
- These Terms and Conditions are also for the benefit of the person providing an attestation service, pursuant to the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017, Part 2, Subpart 1 (previously: the Contracts (Privity) Act 1982).
- By placing an order via the Remote Legal website you agree to receive occasional marketing from us. Flick us an email to opt out (usually there will be an “opt out” button in the email).